We values each child as a unique learner with extraordinary potential. We offer an academically ambitious program that promotes intellectual achievement and emotional growth in a diverse and nurturing environment."
1. A program that will meet the needs of both the parent and the child.
2. Safe and clean conditions.
3. To help the children learn and develop in a happy, loving atmosphere.
4. To have good communication between parent and provider.
STATE LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
Daycare is licensed and complies with all applicable licensing regulations and standards. These standards relate to our home, staff, health, safety procedures, nutrition, care giver to child ratios, and record keeping. We believe that these standards are in the best interest of the children. Our home is subject to inspection by state and city health, and licensing officials.
The earliest available drop-off time will be 7.30am. The latest available pick-up time will be 6:30pm.
Over time means any unscheduled time your child is in my care outside of my 6.30pm latest pick time. I will give a 15-minute grace period, after 6.45pm my overtime rate of $5 per 15-minute increment that a child is left here will be implemented. These fees are due with the next week's payment. I do understand that emergencies and situations can provide certain difficulties from time to time. I charge the overtime fees, not from a desire to make extra money, but because I have a very busy family schedule after 6:30, hence the fee is in place to discourage late pick up.
Infant/Young Toddler (0 - 2 years)Weekly - $230
Older Toddler (2- 3 years)Weekly - $215
Preschooler (3 years +)Weekly - $200
Returned Check Fee $40.00
Children may enter the program at any time there is an opening for their age group and the needed schedule. Children of any race, color, religion, sex, or national origin will be eligible for enrollment. We are a Christian family and observe Christian holidays and celebrations.
A nonrefundable deposit equal to one week of childcare costs is due at time of enrollment. However, do not give us the deposit until you have signed the Parent-Provider Contract/Enrollment application and thoroughly read the Policies. Your child's spot is not secured until we have received both the deposit and the signed Parent-Provider Contract/Enrollment application. The deposit will be credited towards the last week of your child's enrollment. Note: Please make checks payable to Children's Ark Day Care
Payment is due on Monday of each week or on the first day of the week attending daycare. If payment is received after Tuesday of each week, a $10 late fee will be charged.
Payment is due on the first business day of each month or on the first day of the month attending daycare. If received after the second business day of the month a $20 late fee will be charged. It must be understood that to hold your child's space, payment must be paid whether your child attends or not. Payment is based on contract, not attendance. Your weekly or monthly daycare payment will remain the same through your child's first day of enrollment to their last except in the following scenarios.
1: When graduating from Infant/Young Toddler class (0–2 yrs) to Older Toddler Preschool class (2 yrs +).
2: When changing contracted days of attendance. In both scenarios your new payment will default to the current price of the newly enrolled schedule and not to that of the price of the "newly enrolled schedule" was when your child first enrolled.
Due to the inconvenience of NSF checks, a $40 fee will be charged for NSF checks.
No discounts will be given for your child's absences due to illness or vacations. If your child will not be attending daycare for whatever reason, you are still required to pay.
New Year's Day
Day after Thanksgiving
Day before Christmas
Note: If the holiday falls on a Saturday daycare will be closed the Friday before. If the holiday falls on a Sunday daycare will be closed the Monday after.
The day care will be closed one/two weeks per year for my family vacation. The dates of our vacation will be posted at least two weeks in advance.
Note: Parents are responsible for finding back-up care for their children during provider vacations, holidays, and sick resulting in the daycare closing. you are not required to pay for these one/two weeks.
Children's Ark Day Care believes in providing nutritious meals for children. We follow the USDA food program guidelines and ensure the nutritional quality of meals and promote healthy eating. In order to participate in the program, meals must include the following nutritional components. Our policy states that we will allow your child to choose to try the foods but not force them to eat foods they don't find pleasing or appealing. You will be asked to sign a permission slip for the program.
We will provide nutritious and well-balanced meals and snacks. We provide morning breakfast at 8:30am, lunch at 12:00pm, and afternoon snack at 4:00pm. Milk or juice is served with all the meals and snacks, and water is offered throughout the day. On first of every month the month’s menu is posted in the kitchen for you to review. Breakfast will be served to the children arriving before 9:00am. If arriving after 9:00am, please make sure your child has been fed breakfast (unless prior arrangements have been made). The children are offered the food, but they will not be forced to eat. Children who choose not to eat will not be served additional food until the next mealtime. Hands are washed before and after meals. The meals and snacks for each week constantly vary in order to ensure the children receive a well-balanced diet. It is our goal to offer nutritious meals and snacks to the children in our care, as nutrition is a vital part of a child's health. Children need to eat well-balanced meals in order to meet his or her daily energy needs and to help them build a strong body and mind. We know that the good food habits a child develops will help them prevent cavities, iron deficiency anemia, and obesity, etc. - all common nutritional problems in young children. It is our hope that both you and your child will be as enthusiastic as we are about our nutrition program.
Parents are required to bring a complete change of clothing (including socks) appropriate for the weather and Beddings to be kept at the home daycare. Good clothing is not recommended. Parents will be required to bring sunscreen to be kept at the home daycare during the warmer months. All items should be labeled with your child’s initials. You may choose to leave a bag to stay in the home daycare, or you can bring a diaper bag back and forth everyday with you. The parents will provide all baby supplies necessary for the care of this child. I will notify you when your child's supply needs to be replenished. Parents should also bring diaper rash ointment (if used). I will not supply any creams. The parent/s is responsible for providing the following - Hairbrush - Diapers - Diaper wipes - Formula - Baby food - Bottles - Extra set of clothing please include a short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt, pants, shorts, underwear and socks.
NAPS: All children have a rest time daily. The normal afternoon nap is 2 hours and is sometime between 1:30 and 3:15 p.m. If you need to pick up your child during naptime we ask that you let us know in the morning.
If behavior problems arise with any child, it will be discussed with the parents. Children are not co-operating, they will be redirected or have a quiet time to settle down. Please inform me of the discipline method you most prefer and working together we will ensure a well-disciplined child.
1. No biting, hitting, pushing, shoving, or any undesirable physical contact. Please respect the space of others.
2. Name-calling intentionally to hurt another's feelings is not allowed. Please treat others as you like them to treat you.
3. No running (adults will tell you when it is OK) or roughhousing in my home.
4. No picking up other children, especially infants and toddlers.
5. All children must wear clothing that is appropriate for the weather, properly fitting clothes and closed toe shoes.
1.Please be prompt, if you are going to be late, feed your child before you arrive, and give me a quick phone call.
2. All toys will be shared. All toys that are brought must be fairly small but not pose choking hazards. Please do not bring toys from home if your child has a hard time-sharing his/her things with others. I will not be responsible for any damaged or lost toys brought from home.
3. Nap/quiet time is required every day for children.
4. Please treat other families and children who attend my daycare with respect.
5. Smoking is NEVER allowed inside my home.
6. You must provide enough supplies for your child at all times.
7. You are welcome to visit your child at any time, however please remember that for some children this can be difficult. The child may think you are here to take him/her home and may become upset and or confused when you don't.
8. Parents may call the day care at any time. However, if I am unavailable or busy with the children, I will try to return your call. During evenings or weekends I will return your call as soon as I can. Thank you.
TERMINATION OF SERVICE
The provider may terminate the child’s enrolment effective immediately if the child’s behavior threatens the physical or emotional well being of one or more of the other children at the home daycare. Difficulty with the child will be discussed as incidents occur and I will work my hardest to make it work! The provider will refund a portion of the weekly fee paid by the parent for the week that childcare services will not be offered. Two weeks notice is required for termination of child care by either party. If a parent does not wish to give prior notice of termination, then two weeks' rates must be paid in full. Childcare services shall be terminated if payment is not received by five days after payment is due.
HEALTH POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1. Red Cross, first aid and poison center guidelines will be followed.
2. I am certified in emergency care and CPR for children and infants.
3. A first-aid kit containing the necessary items as identified by the Health Department is kept on the premises.
4. Emergency numbers are posted at all times.
5. Parents will be notified of accidents. An injury record is kept for each child.
1. An ambulance will be called and paramedic recommendations followed if necessary.
2. Parents will be notified as soon as possible. (When your child is out of danger or doesn't require me to be with him/her)
3. When parents are not available, their emergency contact will be called.
4. Parents are responsible for expenses resulting from emergency room care, ambulance, etc.
5. While we will try to honor your preferred hospital request, we will ultimately let the EMT's decide what the best facility is for your child if there is a serious injury.
Children exhibiting signs of infectious disease such as rashes, fevers, secretions from the eyes, head lice, vomiting, diarrhea, and/or severe coughing and sneezing or any other severe illness will be excluded from attending the day care as deemed necessary by the provider. After a fever (100.5 or higher), a child's temperature must be normal for 24 hours before returning to day care. After an infectious disease a child must not return to my care until the recommended time allowance given by their doctor and must be accompanied by a note from the pediatrician. If your child becomes ill during the day, you will be notified and be expected to pick up your child in a reasonable time frame. We will make him/her as comfortable as possible by giving fluids, rest, and hugs, as needed. If your child will be missing day care due to illness, please notify me by phone the previous evening or the morning of the day of the absence.
COMMUNICABLE DISEASE PREVENTION AND REPORTING
1. Your child must be current in his/her immunizations, or have a signed note stating why he/she does not have them from the proper authorities; pastor, doctor, etc.
2. Your child will be kept isolated from other children as much as possible if he/she has a communicable disease. Communicable diseases will be reported to the Dept. of Health. You will be called to immediately pick up the child if this occurs.
3. Each child will be observed daily for illness. If your child becomes lethargic and does not want to participate because of illness, you will get a call to pick up your child.
MANAGEMENT OF MEDICATION
1. All prescribed medication must be labeled with the child's name and must be accompanied by written permission from the parent for dispensing.
2. Medications must be in the original containers as prescribed. I keep fever reducer that you provide with a permission slip in a drawer for use if needed for teething.
3. Immunization records and the date of your child's last physical examination must be kept up to date.
4. Please notify me of any special health problems or concerns regarding your child or family, for example vision problems, allergies, etc., as this allows me to give your child the best care possible.
HAND WASHING, DIAPERING, SANITIZING, AND LAUNDERING POLICIES
1. Childcare providers will wash hands before and after diapering, toileting, eating, handling and preparing food, and handling contaminated materials.
2. Diapers will be changed regularly, and immediately following a bowel movement. Bottoms will be thoroughly cleaned.
3. The diapering area will be sanitized after each use, and contaminated utensils/toys will be sanitized regularly.
Parents are required to fill out, sign, and return all enrollment forms before their child is allowed to attend day care. Children age five and under must have a physical yearly and supply that physical to the day care.
GENERAL BUT IMPORTANT INFORMATION
PLEASE make sure your child does not have perfume or scents on them when coming to day care.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions feel free to contact me at the following.
Ashanthi 909 592-1820